Skill Level - Intermediate
Have you ever seen a lace shawl and wished that you could spin yarn that fine? In this class you’ll learn techniques that will have you spinning fine yarns in no time at all! We will cover some of the different elements that can determine the characteristics of your yarn, including wheel setup, drafting, ply, etc. We’ll start with some heavier wools that might surprise you and work our way to finer fibers for spinning lace weight yarns. Participants will receive handouts and suggestions for both intermediate and advanced spinners.
Please note: This is an intermediate topic and students should be able to spin a continuous and stable yarn.
Participants should bring:
- a wheel or spindle in good working order
- note-taking supplies
- 2 oz Corriedale Cross fiber— available at WEBS,
- 2 oz Superfine Merino/Tencel fiber — available at WEBS
- extra bobbins and lazy kate
- (Optional: You may want to bring some knitting needles to try out your new yarn!)
$5 fee for handouts, to be paid to instructor
Instructor Will Provide - Instructor will have a few pieces of equipment (i.e., niddy noddies, nostepinnes) for participants to use during the workshop.